Weekend Podcast! The link is at
but of course smart readers like you are using the RSS feed at:
(Advanced->Subscribe to Podcast in iTunes)
Arturo has kindly let me couch surf on his blog while Nerd Numbers is getting made over. The important thing to post about today is our podcast. The playoffs are drawing near and which of the division leaders are for real is a major question, especially with the Heat losing four straight. Mosi joined Arturo and myself as well as the Real Fans (Daniel and Alan) to discuss the contenders:
1. San Antonio Spurs – We started with the league’s best record team. They’re good. . . somehow this turned into a discussion about the Nuggets and what needs to happen with Nene.
2. The Los Angeles Lakers – Arturo was happy to give several metaphors to explain their PG plight. Check out his last post for his thoughts. Bynum is scary and the hope is some team finds a way to exploit their PG weakness.
3. The Oklahoma City Thunder – We all love the trade. Westbrook could be the deciding factor against the Lakers. Mosi makes a good point, is this team really as strong as the other contenders?
4. The Chicago Bulls – Rose Rose Rose Rose Rose Rose Rose (I may have finally snapped)
5. The Miami Heat- Glaring weakness or just some bad breaks? We get into time travel discussion. . .
6. The Boston Celtics – I was expecting drama and fireworks. Oddly we all agree this team shouldn’t have traded Perkins and the playoffs are riding on health.
7. Dark horses – Arturo told me to shut up about the most interesting one. Daniel and Alan rub in that they knew about Philly.
8. Finals – Los Angeles vs. Miami? Oklahoma vs. Boston? Oklahoma vs. Chicago? San Antonio vs. Chicago? Or will we all be wrong?